with peace and love we make music.  yours truly, rebecca hill

...................................................................................................................

this page is for investigation purposes only.  i encourage you to support these artists and purchase their music.  good luck expanding your musical minds.  these are the songs i carry with me as i drive to the west, chasing the sunsets.  i take the time to let myself unwind.  i leave behind the things i know and, this is how i grow.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

elton john: tiny dancer


i grew up in a small beach town in connecticut
music was not huge in my family, but i remember being
about 8 (this is a complete guess), and as my parents and i
were leaving a ballet in hartford, this song came on the radio.
my dad asked me if i knew it was, and artists, names, didn't
really mean anything to me then, but the words struck a
chord. i started dancing when i was three, and i still had a
romantic vision of growing up to be a ballerina living in
new york, dancing with a company, trying to make it big on
broadway. when elton john sang these words to me that
night, as i hopped into my childproofed spot in the back seat
of our boneville i knew that listening to music would help me
to see the world and see myself in a whole new way.
so elton, if you are listening, i hope i made you smile, funky
shades, femme swagger, trendy shirt and all. we all inspire
someone. and we all inspire many that we will never know.
so always listen for the music and you may find this true
more often.
with peace and love we make music, rebecca hill.